In a turn that left PVE’ers enraged and PVP’ers overjoyed, SWATOR will be bringing PVP Arenas to the Old Republic in update 2.4! To shed some light on the subject, Alex Modny, Assistant Designer for the Combat and PvP team took to the blog to fill us in on some of PVP details.
How it works
· In contrast to the objective based warfare of Warzones, Arenas will be a pure deathmatch style scenario featuring 4 vs. 4 team fights.
· Each match consists of three rounds, the winner obviously being the one to take two of them.
· Arenas will be much smaller than warzones with fewer line of sight obstructions to promote quick and fair combat.
· There are no respawns in a round; once you are taken out you have to wait until the next round.
· Cooldowns do not carry over into the next round.
· To prevent stealth classes from hiding and rounds going on forever, there will be a cloud of poison gas that beings creeping in from the outside of the map at the 5:00 mark. Players caught in the cloud will be taken out of stealth and will receive damage over time.
· There are no environmental traps or hazards on any of the Arena maps to help promote a more pure PVP experience.
· Arenas will award the same type of rewards as warzones, including warzone...